Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Pin Up Girl!

Hello Gorgeous!

I have become inspired to do a future makeup tutorial on how to look like a pinup girl.  My inspiration is my lovely nightstand I created!  I love collecting pinup girls photos from the 1940s, and was lucky enough to run across a calendar of them. I decided to take an old nightstand and decoupage it with the photos of pin up girls.  Here is what it looks like.  Be ready for a makeup tutorial on how to look like a Pinup Girl!  


A bit of history on Pin up Girls:  

Pin up girls have been around since the early 1900s.  Alberto Vargas and Gil Elvgren are among the most famous painters of pin up girls.  I have a huge book on my coffee table of The Great American Pin-Up.  In it you find loads of paintings of pin up girls.  This makes for a great conversation piece when entertaining.  I will be getting one of these looks from this fascinating book for my makeup tutorial. 

My wonderful nightstand with loads of pinup girls.  






1 comment:

  1. Have always loved your nightstand--it is so unique and by far one-of-a-kind.

    ReplyDelete