Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Look of the Day and a Little Beauty Secret That Gives You an Instant Glow!

Hello Gorgeous!  


Here is today's look using one of my favorite glosses from YSL, Golden Petal #19 and my favorite highlighter by Smashbox.  I love YSL lip glosses!  They go on smooth and are not tacky.  Golden Petal is a medium pink with a yellow undertone and gold shimmer.  It has a sheerer side, but gives my lips color even without a lipliner.   My other beauty item I carry with me in my makeup bag all the time is a highlighter made my Smashbox called Artificial Light Powder.  It is this tiny tube that has sponge applicator  that allows you to apply this shimmery powder in the corners of your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, and on the high points of your cheeks.  If I want a quick pick-me-up, I grab this highlighter and put it on where the natural light hits my face.  I LOVE IT!


On my eyelids I used Stone by Bobbi Brown.  On the crease I used a medium brown matte shade called Hot Stone, also by Bobbi Brown.  On the brow bone I used Kitten by Stilla (one of the best light eyeshadows out there).  For brushes I used a shader brush to apply the shadow to the lid and brow bone.  I used #217 crease brush to apply Hot Stone.  Make sure to blend really well with your crease brush.  I used Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner in Ink Black on my top lid and Smolder eyeliner by MAC on the water line.  I used Hot Stone eyeshadow as an eyeliner under the eye.




I applied my makeup early this morning.  I took this picture at 6:00 p.m.  For a quick touch up I applied artificial powder and gloss.  I also reapplied smolder eyeliner on the water line.  If you read my earlier blog on Fix+ you will know it sets your makeup and hydrates at the same time.  Fix+ is the reason why I didn't need to do much retouching of my makeup!  








YSL Golden Gloss in #19 Golden Petal 


Used Artificial Light Powder in corner of eye.


Smashbox Artificial Light Powder




No comments:

Post a Comment